A character has 5 Manners rated from 0 to 4.
- Determination - represents will power, earnestness, simplicity and purpose.
- Force - represents pressure, disregard and bullying.
- Speed - represents immediacy, abruptness.
- Precision - represents clarity, accuracy, objectivity and perfectionism
- Imagination - represents innovation, unpredictability and having your head in the clouds.
A character has 5 Skills rated from 0 to 4.
- Social - Persuasion, falsehood, intimidation, haggling, oratory etc. all fall under social skills.
- Movement - Running, jumping, sneaking, swimming, hauling etc., whole body movements.
- Academics - Recall information, solve riddles, mathematics, research etc.
- Agility - Sword skills, picking a lock, firing a bow, digging, tying ropes. Hand-eye activities.
- Craft - Making things, performing a trade, searching, scavenging, managing a household.
A character may have up to 5 Spells, if any at all, rated from 0 to 4.
- Illusion - Create illusions or sounds; magic to affect the senses.
- Transformation - To transform yourself, allies, enemies, objects, etc.
- Enchantment - Enchant a person to affect their mind, or an object’s properties.
- Evocation - This Spell pushes, blasts and burns. It can also manipulate items.
- Divination - Divination is for seeing truth and predicting the future.
A Trait is a way that you use a Manner differently from other characters. Use the Trait to enhance your description when you use the associated Manner.
A Speciality is a specialisation of a Skill or Spell.
See Traits and Specialities.
Characters have 5 vertical Wound Tracks. When you receive a Wound mark the appropriate number of boxes on a single track. See Killing and Injury
Characters suffer cumulative wound effects from the marked boxes.
To make a character you have 7 points to allocate between Manners and Skills.
Give yourself a Trait and a Speciality.
You start the game with an item of mining related gear and a Spell Book containing one Spell of your choice.